Pages

Wednesday 21 November 2007

The latest thing in Podling entertainment...

Play dough. Tom is obsessed with play dough at the moment. We are eating, sleeping, breathing and, in Lily's case, eating the stuff at every given opportunity. This wouldn't be so bad were it not for the fact that Tom doesn't so much play with it as sit in his chair issuing demands.

"I wanna red star.", "I wanna blue star.", "I wanna BIG letter 'A'.", "I wanna little 'z'.", "I wanna rainbow","I wanna purple bear", and so on ad nauseum.

I get to sit there and make all these things, whilst simultaneously trying to stop Lily from eating the play dough, which she does the second I take my eye off her. At least I can be confident from the sheer quantity she has ingested that 'a little of what you fancy' whilst probably not doing her any good, at least does her no harm!

I started off enjoying these little creative sessions, but you can only cut out so many play dough stars before it starts to get tedious. One of the drawbacks to Tom knowing all his colours is that he wants the same shape made in all the available colours. Mark and I bought them a pack of play dough with ten colours last weekend, so that's a lot of repetition. I keep trying to encourage Tom to make his own shapes as well, but he is happier to supervise me and then destroy each thing as I hand it to him. It keeps the Podlings amused though and there isn't much I won't do to keep my babies happy!

No comments: