Pages

Thursday 6 December 2007

To wee or not to wee, that is the question!

I've been trying, with limited success, to introduce Tom to the concept of using the potty. Tom, however, is quite content to stay in nappies. A definite downside to disposable nappies is that there is no incentive to use a potty, as a 'wet' nappy is just as comfortable as a dry one. I thought we had turned a corner a couple of days ago as he independently asked for the potty twice in one day and actually used it. The second time was while I was running the bath, so after he used the potty I just left his nappy off. I figured that his bladder was now empty, so I didn't need to worry about accidents. Boy was I wrong! When the bath was ready, I went on a quest for Tom and found him in Mark's office standing in the most enormous puddle of wee. "I done a wee-wee" he announced at the top of his voice, with a 'wouldn't you believe it's happened again' expression on his face! I just couldn't believe that one little boy's bladder could contain that much liquid, especially after using the potty all of five minutes beforehand. Thankfully, we have laminate floor in the office, so clean-up could have been worse! However, I'm starting to see that potty training Tom is going to be no easy task!

In case you were wondering, no I'm not trying to potty train Lily. She just insists on doing whatever Tom is doing, so whenever I get the potty for Tom I have to get one for her or she gets upset. When given the potty, she puts it on the floor, sits on it and looks me quite seriously in the face before announcing 'wee wee'. We rarely get one in there, but she's trying bless her!


No comments: