Pages

Wednesday 16 January 2008

I think I'm losing my mind...


I got proof today, if proof were needed, that motherhood can do funny things to your brain. I needed to ring the doctor's surgery but didn't know the phone number, so I went online to look it up. I found the phone number and got a pen and paper to write to down. Armed with a number, I put on a short cartoon to keep the Podlings occupied while I made my phone call.

I dialled the number...it was engaged. I waited 30 seconds then dialled it again...still engaged. I proceeded to redial the number for a couple of minutes and then looked at the number I had copied down.
"Funny," I thought, "the doctor's number has same first three digits as ours". Redial...engaged.
"Hmmm, in fact the doctor's number looks a lot like ours". Redial...engaged.
"Ah...that's because it is our phone number!". Hang up.

For some reason, instead of copying down the number on the computer, I had just written our home phone number down on the scrap of paper and had been trying to call myself for several minutes. I have a PhD for goodness sake, what happened to my brain!
"Woman with glasses using telephone" by Ewing Galloway

No comments: