Pages

Monday 7 January 2008

An old favourite


"The very hungry caterpillar" by Eric Carle was one of my favourite books when I was little. We gave Lily a copy of it for Christmas and I was hoping the Podlings would warm to the story of the little caterpillar with the big appetite. I am thrilled that they both seem to love it, as evidenced by the fact that I have read it to one or both of the Podlings about seven times this evening! Tom has recently learned the days of the week and enjoys any excuse to count, both of which he can practice with this book. Lily enjoys sticking her chubby little fingers in the holes made by the caterpillar as he munches his way through the week. It is a lovely little book and deserves its place as a children's classic. I'm 30 and I still enjoy reading it!

No comments: