Pages

Thursday 7 February 2008

Something to be thankful for

Every night, before we turn out their lights, we say prayers with the children. At the moment, for Lily this simply means I recite 'Now I lay me down to sleep' before I put her in her cot. Because Tom is a little older, we also say a little 'Dear God, thank you for...' type prayer and we encourage Tom to think of things to be thankful for in addition to the things we suggest. Most of Tom's suggestions involve thanking God for cars, trains and whatever else might be his current obsession. Last night, when we asked Tom what he would like to thank God for he replied 'Thank you for Daddy coming home.' It was so sweet to hear him saying that completely without prompting and I know Mark was very touched by it. It was a very special moment.

No comments: