Pages

Sunday 20 April 2008

Bags of fun


I wanted to get my sewing machine out this weekend and had planned to carry on with a dress I am making. I went to thread up the sewing machine and noticed that the company I ordered my thread from had sent me black cotton instead of navy blue. However, I really wanted to do some sewing, so I went into my scrap basket and made this bag with some of the fabric I found in there. It's far from perfect as I didn't have a pattern and just made it up as I went along. To be honest, the fabric is too thin for the bag to be overly useful, but I am disproportionately proud of it! I had so much fun making it!

As I was finishing up the bag last night, I noticed that it went rather well with the outfit I was wearing, so I had to have my picture taken with it! It's not a very good picture of me as it was taken about eleven o'clock at night and I was really tired! It does show you how big the bag is though.

No comments: