Pages

Friday 4 April 2008

On the mend


As you can see from the photo, Lily appears to be on the mend. I was worried this morning when her morning bottle of milk came right back up again, but 90 minutes later she was demanding toast and Cheerios. I gave them to her with trepidation, expecting to be doing a clean up job shortly afterwards. However, she ate a small bowl of Cheerios with milk and a slice of toast and marmite and has kept them down. This small meal seems to have given her her energy back as she was up and trotting around within an hour, having spent two days lying listlessly on the sofa. I am waiting to see how she is after her nap, but I'm hoping to be able to cancel the doctor's appointment I had made for her for this afternoon.

In the picture above, she has commandeered the tent I made for Tom. I was feeling a bit sorry for him as the well child usually dips out on attention a bit when the other is sick. He has been as good as gold while Lily has been ill, so I made him a tent from two dining room chairs and a sheet and filled it with toys for him. Lily thought this looked like tremendous fun and promptly moved in! Tom did eventually go in too, but he insisted that Lily had a turn first. He is such a sweet, thoughtful boy.

No comments: