Pages

Thursday 19 June 2008

Taste of home


Mark has been away on business again all week and will be getting home later this evening. I thought it would be nice to welcome him home with some tasty home baked treats to contrast all those business dinners he has been eating (the meals are usually good apparently, but they last for ever. His meal on Tuesday went on for three and three quarter hours!). It's been decidedly un-summery this week, so I was leaning towards heavier, syrupy treats, the kind I normally crave in the colder weather. When the Podlings went down for their nap after lunch, I rustled up a batch of flapjacks and made a good, old-fashioned treacle tart. I can't claim any credit for the pastry, which was entirely thanks to Saxby's Jus-Rol, but I did make it look very pretty! The Podlings and I enjoyed some of the tart with custard after our tea this evening. Just what we needed to fortify us after a very windy trip to the park. Tom loved it, but he takes after his mother in that he has yet to meet a cake or pastry he didn't like! Hopefully, Mark will enjoy the good taste of home cooking when he gets back tonight. I'm aways glad to get him back when he's been away and it's nice to show him that!

No comments: