Pages

Friday 18 July 2008

Frazzled


It would probably give you some clue as to the week I've been having if I told you that as I sat down to type this post I spilt my cup of tea over my keyboard! It's been a long week and I'm tired and ready for the weekend!

The children have both been ill this week, one after the other. As Lily's temperature started to go down and she stopped being sick, I could feel Tom's forehead getting hot, hot, hot! Sure enough, within a few hours he was one poorly boy. Mark, of course, was in various locations around Europe all week and I've hardly seen him. I don't know why it always happens that the children are only ill when he is away from home, but it does. So, on top of all this, we had plumbers coming round this morning to do some work on the house. Amongst other jobs, they were fitting a heated towel rail in our en suite bathroom, which meant I had to paint the room before they arrived. So, with two sick children, an absent husband, mountains of laundry and very little sleep, I also had to fill in cracks, sand walls and paint a room before this morning. Frazzled does not begin to cover it!

I must have been coping well though, because this morning when Tom decided to be sick all over the dining room when the plumbers were here and the water was turned off so I couldn't clean it up, I actually smiled with the humour of the situation rather than getting stressed. I must be getting good at this multi-tasking mummy lark!

Both the children were much better this evening and Mark will be home around midnight. The Podlings are now sleeping, so I plan to do a little baking, play a little piano, read a little Dickens and drink a lot of tea. In short, I'm taking the night off!

No comments: