Pages

Tuesday 1 July 2008

Having a ball

Tom tries to inflate the pool without the pump

The weather is absolutely beautiful today. It is gloriously sunny with just enough breeze to stop it from being too hot. With British summertime being what it is, I thought we'd better take advantage of the lovely weather before the rains return! I hunted out the Podlings' paddling pool and inflated it in a shady part of the garden. I then filled it with the hundreds of little plastic balls my parents gave the Podlings a while ago and created our very own little ball pool. We had a lovely morning playing in the garden and finished up the fun by having our lunch outside.

If the wind doesn't pick up any more I was thinking that I might put their swimming costumes on this afternoon and put some water in the pool. Unfortunately, it's getting pretty windy out there, so we might just have to stick with the balls today. Water or not, the children will have a fantastic time and, therefore, so will I!

" This is how you do it Tom!"
One happy little boy


Lily enjoying her lunch al fresco. I adore that hat!

No comments: