Pages

Thursday 18 September 2008

Crayon cupcakes

I recently discovered a great way of using up all those bits of broken crayon you get when you have two overzealous artists in your home. I used them to make crayon cupcakes (I found the instructions for this here)! Tom loved them and carried them around with him for the rest of the afternoon. Lily has been using them as play food today and is thankfully only pretending to eat them. They're not the easiest things to draw with, but it's not a bad way of using up something that I would normally have just thrown away.

Line a bun tin with paper cases and put in all your broken crayon pieces

Melt them in the oven at ~150 degrees C for about 10 minutes. Leave them to cool (or, if you're impatient like me, put them in the fridge!). Aren't they pretty!


1 comment:

Lainey said...

Fantastic! It's economical and recycling in one!