Pages

Friday 5 September 2008

Lazy morning

Lily in 'bed' with her dolls in the playroom
.
One of the things I will miss when Tom starts school next year is the flexibility we have with our mornings. The Podlings woke earlier than usual today, but we didn't have to go anywhere. It was cold and dark, the weather was miserable and Mark is away on business, so I tucked both the children up in my bed and popped downstairs. I made hot milk and rusks for them and a cup of tea for me and grabbed a stack of story books on my way upstairs. I climbed back into bed with them and we sat there for half an hour drinking, eating and enjoying stories and cuddles together. I love being able to indulge in these lazy mornings with the Podlings every now and then, though I suspect I'll regret it when I get into bed tonight and find it full of crumbs! Despite our lie-in, we were still all clean, fed and dressed by mid-morning and happily engaged in some play dough fun together. It's certainly nice not to have to venture out when the weather is as awful as it is today.

No comments: