Pages

Thursday 6 November 2008

Checking in


We are consuming vast quantities of hot honey and lemon here at the moment because we are poorly, folks, very poorly! We are all suffering from bad colds and coughs and are basically feeling a bit sorry for ourselves. Between seeing to the children and my own cough, I've hardly slept at all over the last three nights and I'm feeling a bit drained, to say the least. Mark worked from home today to help me look after the Podlings, but he is now pretty ill too. We're just off to bed with steaming mugs of honey and lemon with the promise of another sleepless night ahead. Hopefully we'll all start to feel better soon. I'd settle for a good night's sleep!

4 comments:

Fi said...

You have my sympathy as both Jason and Simon have been ill recently. And S has been teething too, so I know what those disturbed nights feel like! Hope you all feel better soon.

Paula said...

Thanks. You don't fully realise how great sleep is until you're not getting any do you!

Poor Simon! Illness and teething...that's a bad combination.

Catherine said...

I hope you feel better soon! We seem to be getting round after round of sickness at our house lately too and winter just starting!

Paula said...

Thanks. I know what you mean. We're getting one thing after another here too. It's going to be a long winter at this rate!