Pages

Wednesday 19 November 2008

Conversations


During lunch yesterday, I was chatting with the children about what they had done at playgroup that morning. Part of the conversation went something like this:

Me: So, did you play with any boys and girls at playgroup.
Tom: Jack
Me: You played with a little boy called Jack? That's nice.
Tom: He fell over and hurt his head.
.Me: Oh dear, that's sad. Poor Jack.
Tom: It really hurt him. He cried.

He then went on to tell me about a little girl called Amy and the conversation moved on. Tom isn't usually very forthcoming when asked what he's been up to and he's certainly never mentioned any friends by name before. I usually rely on Lily to tell me what they've been doing at playgroup, so I was pleased that Tom was so chatty about it today. When Mark got home, I encouraged Tom to tell him about playgroup.

Me: Tom, tell Daddy what happened to Jack at playgroup today.
Tom: He fell down and broke his head.
Daddy: Did he? Did Jill come tumbling after?
Tom: She did!


The penny dropped! Mark is much quicker than me!
.

3 comments:

Lainey said...

Lol! Ah, childhood, when the line between reality and stories is optional!

Fi said...

Fantastic :-) Did you feel very stupid? Typical Mark to realise straight away! Made me chuckle.

the voice of melody said...

Oh, how cute!! I enjoyed browsing through your blog, and seeing the cute pictures of your little ones and the recent birthday party for your son. The cake looked fantastic! It sounds like it was a team effort in making it so great job to you, your mom and your sister!