Pages

Friday 13 February 2009

Valentine animals

Continuing with our Valentine theme, this morning I made Valentine animals with the Podlings. These cute little beasties are made up entirely of heart shapes (the templates I used, plus loads of others, are available here). I made some slight modifications to the templates, such as using pipe cleaners or cotton wool for tails. We also added googly eyes, because what craft animal isn't improved with these fantastic little things! Lily really loved this craft, particularly as I let her decorate the hearts with glitter before we assembled the animals. I think we may be making some more of these animals next week, never mind that Valentine's day will have passed by then. Tom wasn't very interested in the animals, though consented to put googly eyes on the owl I printed off for him. He wanted to make a big heart like the ones that Lily made the other day, so that kept him entertained for about 5-10 minutes.



No comments: