Pages

Friday 17 July 2009

Playgroup Leaver's Concert


I didn't get many decent photos unfortunately. This picture was taken at the end of the concert when the Podlings were getting a bit bored with being on stage. I think they enjoyed it more than this photo seems to imply!
.
Mark and I went to see the Podlings in their leaver's concert this morning. I was so glad Mark was able to come as he was out of the country and had to miss their Nativity play at Christmas. It was a sweet little concert, with the children having learned 18 songs to perform. Quite impressive for a group of three and four year olds. The Podlings didn't join in all the songs, but I saw them both singing and doing the actions at some point during the concert. I was pleased to see Tom taking part as he had told me this morning that he wasn't going to join in! When Lily wasn't singing, she was generally dancing along to the music. I love seeing my babies in these events!
.
At the end of the concert, they had a little presentation for all the children who were leaving for 'big school'. Tom's new reception teacher presented him with a little book from the playgroup and he is thrilled with it. I had worried that Lily would get upset that Tom had something she didn't, but it doesn't seem to have caused any problems.
.
Thus endeth the Podlings first 'school' year. September will see Tom starting primary school full time and Lily returning to playgroup on her own, this time for two mornings a week. For the first time in their short lives they will be doing things separately, so it will be a big change for both of them. I hope they both adapt well to their new situations.
.

No comments: