Pages

Tuesday 29 September 2009

Emma bakes a cake


Emma thinks baking is crazy fun!
..
Okay, to be fair Emma didn't exactly bake the cake, but this morning was the first time she was present during the cake making process. Until now, I have done all my baking during her naps, but with Tom at school and Lily at playgroup, I decided it was high time for her first Mummy/Daughter baking experience. I have very fond memories of baking with my own mother and hope my children will have similar memories of our times together. I also believe it's never too early to start having your children alongside you as you work. They learn an incredible amount just by watching you.
..
As you can see from the photo, Emma rather enjoyed her first baking experience and was completely unfazed by my very noisy, 30 year old food mixer. Tom appreciated our efforts and devoured two slices of cake this evening. School seems to make him hungry!
..

Emma admires her first cake (Shame she can't eat any of it!)
Contrary to appearances, I promise you this Somerset apple cake is not burnt. It just turned out darker this time, probably because I used dark brown sugar instead of the light brown sugar I used last week. I freely substitute ingredients if I don't have the correct ones to hand!
..

No comments: