Pages

Friday 23 October 2009

My Spidey sense is tingling!

..
Despite being married with three children, Mark still has a fondness for the comic book heroes he loved as a boy. As Spiderman was one of his favourites, he is thrilled that Tom has started showing an interest in the wall crawling web slinger. As Mark is still known to partake of the odd 'graphic novel', I thought it would be fun to make him a Spiderman themed cake for his birthday. I should point out that this cake was more a gesture of love than a display of skill. I decorated it in a rush as I prepared tea, knowing Emma was due to wake from her nap soon. I probably got the whole thing done in ten minutes, but I was still quite chuffed with how it turned out. I would have liked a blue background instead of black, but I had to work with what I had in the cupboards (I don't drive and there isn't a convenient shop nearby). I used the leftover fondant icing from Tom's cake, so there wasn't quite enough black to completely cover the top of the cake. It didn't turn out too badly though and I think Mark was pleased with his Spidey cake.
..

No comments: