Pages

Saturday 21 November 2009

4 months old


Emma turned four months old today. I don't know what she weighs at the moment as I haven't taken her to clinic for a couple of weeks, but she still fits her 0-3 month clothes comfortably. This has unfortunately put her out of sync with our stash of baby girl's clothes. Lily was a May baby and grew quicker, so all of our 0-3 months girl's clothes are for the summer. Oh well, that's why cardigans were invented I suppose! Also gives me a good excuse to buy a few extra little outfits...
..
Emma is a very vocal baby and has a very hilarious (and loud) line of baby talk. She will sometimes lie in her moses basket at bedtime, babbling loudly as she drifts off to sleep. It's all I can do not to laugh out loud when she does that. Sadly, she never went back to sleeping through the night when she got over her colds, but at least I only have one night feed. She wakes between 3.30am and 4.30am, feeds very quickly and goes straight back to sleep, so I can't complain.
.
She has now well and truly found her hands and likes to grasp at objects when they come into view. These objects include, but are not limited to, my clothes, my hair and, just recently, my lips (ouch!). She has a small wooden rattle that she delights in shaking, though I am in constant fear she is going to clock herself on the nose with it!
.
Emma remains a happy and contented baby and continues to delight us all with her smiles. She is growing up much too quickly, but other than that I can't fault her!
..

No comments: