Pages

Wednesday 18 November 2009

A Very Grand Thing


Some of my old Winnie the Pooh toys on Tom's chest of drawers. They don't look twenty years old do they!
..
Okay, so I spoke too soon about Tom not liking change. Tom saw the new pictures in Lily's room and decided he wanted something done to his room too. First of all, he requested that I put pictures of his "school family" (his friends) on his wall. Once I explained that I couldn't very well go around snapping photos of children I don't know, he settled on a Winnie the Pooh theme. Unfortunately, he prefers the soulless Disney version to the charming E.H Shepard illustrations, but that did at least make it easy to achieve. I was also fond of Winnie the Pooh as a girl and I still have all my stuffed toys from that time. He now has a charming Winnie the Pooh room and I have so far spent nothing. I will buy some frames so I can put some pictures on his walls and I may or may not treat him to cheap duvet cover, but for now I hope he likes the new look. Despite the change being at his urging, I fully expect him to come home from school and ask me to change everything back the way it was. I thought I would share some photos of how the room looks now, just in case it is business as usual again tonight!
..

We took the Podlings to the Disney Store as a treat a couple of weeks ago. They were allowed to choose one toy and Tom chose this cushion. He also has a large stuffed Tigger on his bed that was given to him as a baby.
..

Winnie the Pooh is now hitching a ride with the cats in Tom's hot air balloon mobile
..
I managed to sneak some E.H Shepard illustrations high up on Tom's biplane shelf! His original bedroom theme was transport, so he has a cars and trucks duvet cover, aeroplane and hot air balloon mobiles, this shelf and toy cars and trucks everywhere. In our old house he had transport motifs on his walls too, but we never got around to doing the same thing in this house.
..

No comments: