Pages

Tuesday 8 December 2009

Deck the Halls - Dining room edition

Our festive dining room. Yes, I need to clean the hand prints off the wall. It will get done eventually, but I have two young children and a baby and therefore very little time...please don't judge me! On a completely unrelated subject, I officially hate the radiator on that wall and would love to get a cabinet to cover it at some point.

The dining room is looking wonderfully festive with the two beautiful quilted advent calenders that my mum made the Podlings adorning the wall. Tom is particularly keen to come down and discover his treat each morning. My mum is in the process of gathering the fabric to make an advent calender for Emma for next Christmas. They take an incredible amount of work, so she's getting a head start.

The embroidered tablecloth was a gift from Mark's parents from one of their trips to Cyprus. We also have matching napkins, but unlike the rest of the world we take the tablecloth off when we eat as I don't want the Podlings to ruin it!
..
I gave up trying to get a decent picture of the light fitting, but I have decorated it with red and gold baubles and artificial candy canes. It looks great.
.
In the centre of the table is a glass vase filled with red and gold baubles of various finishes. I can't claim the credit for this idea, but I can't for the life of me remember were I originally saw it. I think it's really effective though.
,

A detail of the tablecloth, showing one of the cute, if slightly evil-looking Santas that decorate the edge.
.
I haven't decorated the sideboard, so I haven't bothered to picture it, but I plan to get a potted poinsettia to put on it.
.
So there you have our festive dining room. The photos don't really do it justice as it looks much better in real life. Incidentally, I feel the need to apologise for the quality of some of my photos lately. My camera isn't consistently giving me the picture quality I know it is capable of and I can't work out why. It's probably Podling related!
.

No comments: