Pages

Wednesday 23 December 2009

Deck the Halls - Kitchen, lounge and hallway

We bought this pretty wooden decoration at a German Christmas market a few years ago. This is the first year we have actually had it on show as we have only just changed the German plug for a British one! The other end of the window sill has a couple of candles and some more pine cones.
..
This is the final installment of my festive tour. I thought I'd better post it now as I'm going to be pretty busy from here on in. We are off to Mark's parents' for Christmas, so I have ironing, packing, present wrapping and house cleaning to keep me occupied until we leave tomorrow afternoon. I can't wait for Christmas...I'm worse than the children! I particularly enjoy Christmas Eve as it is just so magical with the Podlings. I love Christmas!
..
Festive touches in the kitchen include a mini Poinsettia, a basket of satsumas and some artificial greenery. My tins contain some festive goodies.
..
This pretty Lilliput Lane cottage on the bookcase in the hall was a gift from Mark a few years ago. It has a light inside and glows with a warm, homely light. So cosy!
.
Mark bought this small fibre optic tree on his way home from work one evening. It graces the corner of the lounge and looks lovely at night with it's soothing multicoloured glow.
.
A detail of the garland on the mantelpiece in the lounge
..

No comments: