Pages

Tuesday 5 January 2010

Chillin' on the moors

I'm wearing the lovely new scarf my mum made me for Christmas. It is so soft and warm I'm hoping to persuade her to make Emma a baby blanket out of the same type of wool.
..
On the afternoon of New Year's Day we suddenly decided to go for a walk on the moors. Not one of our brighter ideas as it turned out. We got to Yelverton (about ten minutes drive from my parents' house) shortly before dusk and it was COLD! Tom, Lily and the dog kept warm by running around, but the rest of us were freezing. Hardly surprising as our car thermometer told us it was -1 degree. This didn't stop Tom and Lily from wanting an ice cream from the surprisingly busy ice cream lady in the car park. Crazy Podlings!
.
Dad stayed nice and warm in his 'You Can't See Me' coat.
..
My parents' Yorkie, Molly, trying to get Lily to release the ball.
..
Mark ended up with the spare ice cream. He had plenty of time to eat it as it wasn't going to melt at the subzero temperatures we were enjoying!
.

No comments: