Pages

Wednesday 27 January 2010

The Great Switcheroo

The current room arrangement
..
I have big plans in store for our house, involving swapping over the music room and playroom. This is no small undertaking. The playroom is, without a doubt, the most 'stuff heavy' room in the house and we have some very large and very heavy furniture in both rooms. It is something I have been thinking about for a while now and I have come to the definite conclusion that it is the best way to proceed. The music room is much bigger than the current playroom and can easily be shut off at the end of the day if I don't want to look at a room full of toys. It will also make it much easier to keep Emma away from all the tiny (read 'chokeable') toys that Tom and Lily love without having to restrict their play. Plus, the carpet in the music room is the original one we inherited when we moved in. It is at least a decade old, faded and threadbare in places and I really hate it. In short, it is certainly not something I'm going to be too worried about the Podlings messing up!
.
The current arrangement was the best one when we moved in as Tom was only two and Lily only a year old at the time. However, now that they are older it will be much nicer to have a proper lounge in the main part of the home, rather than the playroom. Lily is quite excited about the change and is currently asking daily if we can change the rooms over. She gets that from me! Having decided to make the change I now want it all done yesterday! I am not exactly known for my patience in these matters and it is quite possible that I am currently driving my husband nuts. Due to the aforementioned heavy furniture, we can't make the change until we can rope in some help, so I have to try to be patient. Not something I'm good at! I can see how much easier my life will be with the rooms in the alternate arrangement, so I'm chomping at the bit. Hopefully we can get it done soon and my long-suffering husband can get some peace again!
..

No comments: