Pages

Wednesday 6 January 2010

Wean, Baby, Wean!

Prepare to be weaned Baby Emma!
.
In the last week or so it has become very apparent that Emma's bottles are no longer satisfying her. Since she is now 5 1/2 months old, I thought it was time to start the weaning process and try her with some baby rice. I only made up a tiny amount at first because Tom and Lily both hated baby rice when I gave it to them as babies. Emma surprised me by devouring the lot and looking for for more! She ate like a real pro and knew exactly what to do with the food in her mouth (i.e., swallow rather than spit it straight out, for anyone who has never weaned a baby!). There was hardly any mess. I made up a larger portion for her next feed and again she cleared the lot.
.
In a startling and very welcome development, Emma then proceeded to drop her night feed last night after just two meals of baby rice (chorus of Hallelujah!) Hopefully, it wasn't a fluke. She tucked in to two meals of baby rice again today, so here's hoping!
.
"Okay, this is new. What am I supposed to do exactly?"
.
"Hmmm. A curious sensation. Perhaps I will try a little more..."
.
"Hey, this is pretty good mush. Keep it coming!"
.
"Actually, Mummy...
.
...why don't you just give me the spoon and I'll do it myself."
.

No comments: