Pages

Tuesday 14 September 2010

Tain Hill

One evening we took a walk in the woods on Tain Hill, a mere fifteen minutes drive from where we were staying. It was a chilly evening, but the sun was bright, the air was fresh and I relished the chance to spend some time in the woods. I was thrilled at the variety of toadstools and mushrooms I saw (one the size of a tea plate and I'm not exagerating) and I yearned for my nature books as I was only able to identify a fraction of what I saw in those woods.
.
Contemplation
,
Someone had gone to a deal of trouble to build this fabulous little den in the woods. Made from moss and branches, it enclosed the base of a tree.
.
My most excellent husband, well-hatted as usual
.
Lily had a lot of fun with the binoculars
.
Worth the walk - The view from the top
.

No comments: