Pages

Monday 18 October 2010

Tom's Lego Party

Tom preparing to blow out the candles on his cake.
.
Tom has been quite adamant that he wanted a Lego-themed birthday party for some while. This is hardly surprising given his obsession with all things Lego! We invited Tom's two best friends to tea after school and they had a great time playing together before we all sat down to enjoy Tom's Lego-themed birthday tea. I think everyone had a lovely time and everyone went home in one piece, so I shall rate it a success. Tom certainly went to bed one happy little boy, which is what it is all about!
 .
 The sideboard, complete with Lego models and party blowers.
.
 I used the Lego man cookie cutter I bought at Legoland to make these gingerbread men. I iced them with ready coloured sugarpaste and then drew on the faces.

 Tom's Lego cake.
I made a sponge in a 9 inch square cake tin, halved it and sandwiched the two halves in the usual manner. I cut 8 marshmallows in half and put them on top of the cake. I used ready coloured icing in two colours to give the impression of two Lego bricks joined together. I wish the seam between the two 'blocks' were a little neater, but other than that I am quite pleased with how the cake turned out.

 A vase full of large bricks decorated the sideboard.
.
I made these Lego head 'pops' from marshmallows and covered them in royal icing before drawing on the faces.
.
 I printed off the Lego signs onto white card and hung them from the light fitting above the table. I then chose a selection of Tom's Lego men to hang below the light.
.
We gave Tom this wind-up torch for his birthday.
It made the perfect centrepiece for his birthday tea table
.
A not very good picture of the banner I made, which features some of Tom's favourite Lego mini figures.
.
Special mention: I just want to say a huge 'Thank you!' to Mum and Dad P. who did such a great job taking care of Emma so I could pull this tea off. I couldn't have done it without them.
.

No comments: