Pages

Friday 26 November 2010

Cooking with mother


Emma has recently taken to wanting to help me out with the cooking. One might say she insists upon it, which makes meal preparation somewhat challenging. I was trying to fry some onions and garlic for the start of the pasta sauce I was making this evening when my littlest lady started her shenanigans. I used to be able to fob her off with a saucepan and wooden spoon of her own, but she has recently twigged that real meal prep involves food. I was suddenly struck with the notion of giving her a few broken biscuits to play around with while I cooked and popped some Digestives in her saucepan. What a hit! Lily came out and wanted in on the action, so before long the two girls were sat happily on the kitchen floor crushing up Digestives with wooden spoons and having a ball. Kept them occupied until tea was ready, though I did have a few crumbs to sweep up afterwards. Okay 'a few' might be playing it down a bit, but at least we were all happy!
.
 Emma samples her 'cooking'
.
 And that's why I can't let her help me!
.
Lily pops a batch of biscuit crumbs in the oven.
.

No comments: