Pages

Thursday 20 January 2011

Warmth and roses

.
We had no heat or water for much of today (and oh my goodness was it a cold day!), but these beautiful roses on the mantelpiece never failed to brighten my mood whenever I looked at them. Mark brought them back for me last night when he popped out to buy some bottled water. They are such a pretty colour and look amazing in the rose bowl I bought over Christmas. I've never used a rose bowl before and I am so taken with the effect. I am so thrilled that my husband still gives me flowers (and quite frequently too) after nearly eight years of marriage! I adore flowers and they make a room look so cheerful.

I'm happy to report that we now have heat and water again and, other than ruining a towel or two, no harm has been done. Going a few hours without either makes you realise quite how much we take it for granted. I certainly wouldn't want to weather a British winter without decent central heating!

.

No comments: