Pages

Wednesday 18 April 2012

Sleeping arrangements

I took this sweet picture of Tom and Lily during their reading time, which we call 'Light Time'. I wish I had thought to take a picture of Emma in her bed...she looked so tiny!

We haven't stayed with Mark's parents for over a year, so this was the first time we have had to find sleeping space for Emma since she outgrew the travel cot. Tom and Lily slept together in the second guest bedroom in the double bed. They were fine once they went off to sleep, but the novelty of sharing a room meant that they didn't settle down without some considerable intervention from us. There was much telling off!

With some trepidation, we put Emma in the small room in a single bed with a bed guard and hoped for the best. Emma still sleeps in a large cot at home and she had never slept in a bed before, so I was expecting her to get out of bed repeatedly. Suffice to say I was expecting a bad night. Imagine my surprise when she slept through the night without a peep! She wakes at least twice a night at home, so I woke up several times in the night thinking she must have died or something! I slept better the second night of our stay and had my first uninterrupted night's sleep in a very long time. I think we will definitely be considering the purchase of a new bed for Emma in the near future!
.

No comments: