Pages

Tuesday 29 May 2012

A Jubilee Skirt for Lily


Lily's school are celebrating the Queen's Diamond Jubilee tomorrow by putting on a little entertainment for parents and then having a big picnic with us all on the school field. We've all been told to wear red, white and blue and Lily's class were told to try and wear something in appropriate colours for their little performance. I ordered this colourful Union Jack fabric and made this Jubilee skirt for Lily last night. It has a red ribbon hem and red, white and blue ribbons at the waist and looks, I think, appropriately festive! Lily loves the look of the skirt, but her one complaint was that it didn't twirl...you can't win them all I suppose!

We have tickets to some Olympic events later in the summer, so I thought this skirt would be great for her to wear to those. She will look adorably patriotic as she cheers on Team GB at the football in July, and then again at the volleyball in London later in the same month (though we don't yet know who we will be watching for that). I have enough fabric to make a matching skirt for Emma, so I hope I can find time to make that before tomorrow. I'm meeting myself coming back this week, so I don't yet know if it will happen by then, but it has to be done. How cute would they look in matching Jubilee skirts!

.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic skirt. You have excelled yourself.
Love mum. xxx