Pages

Wednesday 9 May 2012

Lily bakes some cakes


Tom was at a friend's house for tea yesterday, so I planned to do some baking with Lily so she didn't feel like she was missing out. I let her choose what to make and she decided to use the Disney princess fairy cake mix she was given for Christmas.

Lily had great fun making the cakes and did a great job reading the instructions on the back of the box. I do a lot of baking, always from scratch. I think I've only ever used a bought cake mix once before and that was years ago, so when I saw the runny batter I was convinced they wouldn't rise. Heaven knows what they put in these cake mixes because they turned out beautifully!

Lily's favourite part is the decorating and she was thrilled with the pink sparkles and edible Princess rice papers in the kit. She proudly gave out the finished fairy cakes to the family and Tom's friend and is now taking a cake to school each day in her packed lunch. I think she enjoyed her little baking session!


Reading the instructions on the box.
,

No comments: