Pages

Thursday 7 June 2012

Birthday Bedding (for dolls)

 The wicker doll's crib showing the rose-print mattress

Like most little girls, Lily loves dolls and stuffed toys and she loves to 'put them to bed'. I was thrilled to find this lovely wicker doll's crib for Lily's birthday, but it looked rather bare so I wanted to make some bedding for it before I gave it to her. Using fabric and wadding I had in my stash, I made a pretty rose-printed mattress and used the same fabric for the back of the matching quilt and pillow. The front of the pillow and quilt is a cream fleece fabric I have had for about nine years. I embellished these with pink polka dot grosgrain ribbon and pink ribbon roses, also from my stash. The overall effect is rather pleasing and I am quite proud of how it turned out, especially given that I didn't measure anything (bad me!). Lily loved the basket and bedding, so much so that she actually took it to the beach on her birthday!


Details of the front of the quilt and pillow 

Showing the back of the quilt. The pillow also has this rose-print fabric on the back, making the set reversible.
.

No comments: