Pages

Monday 6 August 2012

Tower Bridge, London 2012


While we were in London I particularly wanted to see Tower Bridge whilst the Olympic rings were still on display. I've seen Tower Bridge before and I am sure I will see it again, but the rings won't always be there and I really wanted to see them and get a photo (or three). After all, they spent over £300, 000 on them, so it would be rude not to take a photo!

After the wrestling finished we headed to Tower Hill on the underground and walked past the imposing Tower of London to get to the bridge. We took a leisurely walk over the beautiful Victorian bridge and then walked up the river a little on the other side in order to get the photos I wanted. I am so glad we got to see them!

The rings are 25 metres wide, 11.5 metres tall and weigh three tonnes. They look pretty too!

 Obligatory tourist shot number 1: Mark in front of Tower Bridge

Obligatory tourist shot number 2: Me in front of Tower Bridge 

The Tower of London from across the Thames 

.

No comments: