Pages

Monday 11 March 2013

Meeting Rowan


On Saturday we travelled to Bristol so I could visit my sister and meet my nephew for the first time. Rowan was born on Christmas Day and I have been dying to meet him ever since. Between snow, illness and various other inconveniences, I haven't been able to get there before and he is now 11 weeks old. Where did the time go!

The Podlings were tremendously excited at the prospect of meeting their cousin and they were completely smitten with him when they met him. They all keep telling me 'I love baby Rowan!' and they think he is the best thing since sliced bread! It is so sweet to see how much they love him.

Rowan was on top form and consented to allow his doting aunt to hold him a great deal. Given that he didn't know me from Adam, he was remarkably content to stay with me a lot of the time. I was quite flattered and not a little thrilled. He is such a content little baby and I am completely in love with this adorable little boy!

Thank you, Elaine and Gareth, for a lovely afternoon and for allowing your baby-mad sister to completely hog your son!

First cuddles with my nephew! It was love!

I was so excited to finally get to meet my adorable little nephew. Mark says this is my slightly guilty 'I want one!' face!

Happy family! My sister, brother-in-law and nephew

Lily holding Rowan for the first time

Lily was beyond thrilled to be allowed to hold her baby cousin

Adorable!

We tried to get a picture of all the children together. It didn't go too well, but they are at least all in the photo!

Elaine offered to take a photo of our family as we don't have many photos of all five of us. Emma was tired and was using the curtain as a blanket!
.

1 comment:

Lainey said...

It was lovely seeing you all, and I'm glad Rowan was in a co-operative mood! Hope to see you again soon.
BTW, you left a fabric bag at ours.