Pages

Monday 27 May 2013

Lily is 7

Baby Lily. This is one of my favourite of Lily's baby pictures.

My sweet, affectionate, sensitive, bubbly little girl turns seven today. Seven sounds so much older than six! She isn't such a little girl any more and I am so proud of the girl she is becoming. She spends most of her free time writing, drawing and reading and still has very little interest in toys. She loves her stuffed animals, but still doesn't play with dolls. When the weather is fine she can almost invariably be found bouncing on the trampoline with her brother and sister. Rainy days normally involve her rearranging the living room with cushions, blankets, quilts and all her drawing supplies. She never goes anywhere without a large bag stuffed full of all her treasures and loves to be surrounded by her favourite things. Quite how she finds any room to sleep on her bed is a mystery to me, but she isn't happy unless she has her favourite things in bed with her. Minimalist she is not!

If you ask her what she wants to be when she grows up, she will either tell you that she wants to be an illustrator of children's books or that she wants to study history. She has a genuine interest in history and can often be found reading history books and biographies. Her recent favourites have included biographies of Beatrix Potter, Winston Churchill and Florence Nightingale.

She works hard at school and is doing so well. Her reading and written work is exceptional and she has made huge strides in her maths this year. Her teachers all tell me what a lovely little girl she is and I am proud of how she has worked hard to overcome her separation anxiety this year. We still have a few problems at school events, but she goes into school smiling every morning now. My darling little girl is growing up and I am holding on to these precious days when she will trot out to the kitchen just to give me a kiss and tell me she loves me.

Happy 7th Birthday my darling girl.
We are so proud of you and love you so much!

Lily, aged 7
.

No comments: