Pages

Wednesday 29 January 2014

Sunshine after the rain


My poor blog is looking rather neglected again, so I thought I'd post some pictures I took on a walk last week. I was feeling rather cooped up, so while the Podlings were at school I went for a walk behind the house to blow the cobwebs away. It had been pouring with rain on the walk to school, but by mid-morning the sun was shining with all its winter might and it seemed a shame to waste it by staying indoors. By the afternoon, it was raining again, so I'm glad I grabbed my walk when I did.




Catkins!


Warming up after the walk with a hot chocolate and a good book. I'm embarking on a reread of the Chronicles of Narnia, starting, of course, with 'The Magician's Nephew'. As C S Lewis himself said, "No book is really worth reading at the age of ten which is not equally - often far more- worth reading at the age of fifty and beyond." I read and re-read children's literature again and again. I love it!

I love, love, love my Folio Society editions of The Chronicles of Narnia, a birthday gift from Mark a couple of years ago. The man knows me well!
.

No comments: