Pages

Saturday 22 March 2014

31 Week Scan

Ultrasound scan of Podling Number 4 at 31 weeks 5 days

A little late because I've had some trouble getting my scanner to talk to my computer, here is my latest growth scan of Podling Number 4, taken just three days after my 4D Scan. The baby is growing nicely and is following the same growth line beautifully. The baby obviously loves to have a hand up by his/her face as the same hand that kept getting in the way of my 4D scan was once again up by the face. It actually looked at one point as though the baby had opened its mouth and was putting its hand or fingers in it, but it is so hard to make out exactly what is going on in the 2D scans.

The NHS scan measured the baby at around 4lb 5oz, 5oz heavier than the scan the previous week. I doubt very much the baby put on that much weight in a single weekend, so it just goes to show how approximate these things are. Suffice to say the baby is an excellent weight for its gestation, so we don't need to be concerned on that score.

I have one more scan to look forward to in the middle of April, by which time the baby will be sufficiently large that I will just be able to get a face shot. It won't be too much longer before I will be able to see the baby in person though. I'm getting so excited!
.

No comments: