Pages

Saturday 23 August 2014

Smooth Operator

Making smoothies with my boy

The girls went to spend a few days with their grandparents last week and while they were away I wanted to do something special with Tom. Tom had been coming up with some ideas for smoothies on the drive back from Sussex, so I suggested that while his sisters were away we could make some of them. He was very excited about this idea and spent some time on Monday working on his smoothie recipe book. On Tuesday evening, we took him shopping so he could choose which fruits he wanted to buy for his recipes. We gave him a pretty free rein and he had a wonderful time gathering numerous fruity ingredients, as well as a tin of coconut milk.

I dusted off my smoothie maker and we made our first smoothie on Wednesday morning. Tom had told his friends about our smoothie endeavors, so they were keen to try some too. Tom opted to make his 'berry berry' smoothie first, which consists of strawberries, blackberries (which Tom and his friends had diligently picked the day before for the smoothies), blueberries, raspberries and cherries (we used cherry juice). There was enough for Tom and two of his friends to have a small cup each and they were most impressed! Over the next couple of days we made several more smoothies, of which my favourite was his 'Tropicallian' smoothie, consisting of banana, pineapple, mango and coconut...delicious!

Tom and I had lots of fun working our way through his recipe book and it was so nice to be able to spend some one on one time with my big boy.

The cover of Tom's smoothie recipe book



My Kenwood Smoothie Concert, which makes smoothie making a breeze.
.

No comments: